For althose who are purely veg I am giving away my most favorite recipe so enjoy!
1 1/4 cups plain flour (maida)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda bi-carb
3/4 cup condensed milk
4 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp salted cream cheese
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder and soda bi-carb together. Keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and ? cup of water in a deep bowl and beat well using a whisk.
- Add the sieved flour mixture and mix gently with help of a spatula. The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake.
- Keep aside to cool and use as requirerd.